beverlyhills-hair-restoration

Hair loss after pregnancy

Home / Hair Loss  / Hair loss after pregnancy
Posted on : October 14, 2016 | Author: John Kahen | Category: Hair Loss

Hair loss that is connected to pregnancy usually occurs after delivery. The reason for this is due to the fact that our hair grows and falls out in phases. Approximately 90% of your hair is growing at any one time, while the other 10% enters a resting phase and begins shedding. During pregnancy, the rise in hormones prevents women from going through this resting phase. After delivery, hormones return to their normal levels, and all the hair that was delayed from the resting phase during pregnancy may start to all fall out at once. Hair loss usually peaks around 3 months after delivery, the extent of hair loss may be excessive for a period of time, but fortunately, this hair loss is temporary and the hair returns to its normal growth cycle within six to twelve months.

Loader-beverly-hills-hair-restoration

Keep Your Follicles

You are born with a limited number of hair follicles. Join our discrete mailing list and learn how to keep them.

Captcha Image