Celebrity HairlossHome / Hair / Celebrity Hairloss
Aside from being in the public eye, celebrities are just like us and go through some of the same issues we do. Alopecia Areata (hair loss) is a very common disease. Some of these celebrities have undergone hair transplants while others have tried less permanent alternatives such as hair pieces. Here are some before and after photos of male celebrities you might be familiar with who have experienced hair loss.
- Hugh Laurie (57) is an English actor, writer, director, musician, singer, comedian, and author. He is very well-known for his role as Dr. Gregory House in the television show House. The star was spotted with this huge bald patch back in 2008. He recently attended the premiere of The Night Manager around April of this year, and you can see a huge difference in his hair. His hairline looks a lot more reinforced, and his hair overall looks much fuller.
- John Travolta (62) is an American actor, dancer, and singer. Some very successful films he came out in were Saturday Night Fever (1977) and Grease (1978). Some of the most recent films he came out in 2007 were Wild Hogs and Hairspray. It was no secret that he suffers from extreme hairloss. Although at first there was some speculation that he received a hair transplant, it is now very well-known that he actually uses hair-pieces.
- A. J. McLean (38) is an American musician, singer, dancer, actor, and entertainer. He is a member of the famous boy band group Backstreet Boys. He was very open about his hair transplant procedure. He posted a before and after photo on his instagram back in 2013 showing his amazing results. You can clearly see his hairline is no longer receded, and his hair looks full and natural.
- Calum Best (35) is a British-American model, actor, television personality, and reality television participant. He was recently on the E! network reality television series Famously Single. He has been publicly open about undergoing three hair transplants. He stated that he started suffering from hair loss since his early twenties and had to continue receiving hair transplants because his hair was continuously falling in other areas. That is something very important to take in mind. Although hair transplants are permanent, areas where the procedure was not performed and addtional hair is falling may need an additional transplant.
- Wayne Rooney (30) is a professional English football player. He is the captain of Manchester United and the England national team. He received a transplant back in 2011 and went public about it when he tweeted "Just to confirm to all my followers I have had a hair transplant. I was going bald at 25 why not. I'm delighted with the result." He then received another hair transplant procedure in 2013 to cover new balding spots. However, there were recent photos this year that showed his hair was now thinning on the crown of his head, so he may be in need of a third transplant to take care of the new hair loss.