Smart PRP® Giving Women Their Confidence Back
More than 25% of women are balding or have thinning hair. The causes of this hair loss can range from stress, various illnesses, inadequate nutrition, and hormonal change. For women, losing hair and going for the 'Mr. Clean' look, like their male counterparts, is not an option. As women begin to lose their hair, many begin to shut down socially; it’s not uncommon for them to withdraw from friends and family and retreat into a world of seclusion.
Seclude no more! Many women are discovering newfound hope thanks to a superior hair restoration treatment. Board-certified surgeon and hair restoration expert John Kahen, M.D., founder of Beverly Hills Hair Restoration, has pioneered a new 30-minute procedure called Smart PRP® that uses Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) through injections to stimulate hair growth. Smart PRP® uses the body’s own tissue regeneration mechanism, and strengthens small hairs, stimulates the growth of new hair follicles and improves color pigmentation.
"Smart PRP® involves taking the patient’s blood and spinning it in a centrifuged to isolate the most potent stem cells. This platelet-rich material is then mixed with a specially designed agent to accelerate the healing process and is injected into the patient's scalp", explained Dr. Kahen. His procedure generates billions more platelets and growth factors than any other PRP technology currently available. “Results have been extraordinary and can be seen in as little as 30 days.”
Lucy, an interior designer from Corona says that Dr. Kahen’s Smart PRP has changed her life.
“I started losing my hair after giving birth and was desperate to do something about it,” she said. “I researched several different treatment methods but none showed the kind of results I was looking for. Thank God for Dr. Kahen. My thinning spots have been filled in by new hair growth and I have regained my confidence.”
Stats on women & hair loss:
• 25% of women have noticeably thinning hair
• 95% of female hair loss results from hormonal changes (e.g., pregnancy, menopause)
• During menopause, 4 out of 10 women suffer from thinning hair
• More than 50% of women 65+ have reported thinning hair
• According to the National Institutes of Health, 29% of women suffering from hair loss reported two or more symptoms of depression
• 21 million American women currently suffer from some form of alopecia (hair loss)
• 12% of women with hair loss pursue restoration treatment, as compared with 20% of male alopecia sufferers
• 80% of women experience noticeable hair loss by the age of 60
Losing hair is not just a man’s issue. Many women struggle with the inconvenience of hair loss. Losing hair is no longer something that is set in stone, there are options for women not only to restore their hair but their confidence as well. Dr. Kahen and the Beverly Hills Restoration Team treat each patient like family and will give our patient’s the tools to live their best lives.