3 Things you Need to know about DHT hair loss
DHT hair loss begins with testosterone. The trouble starts once testosterone combines with an enzyme present in the oil glands found in hair follicles. Your genetics determine how much of the enzyme 5 alpha is created. When this occurs, the hormones turn into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Once DHT penetrates the scalp follicles, they shrink and die (hair loss)
- DHT hair loss begins with testosterone.
- Your genetics determine how much of the enzyme 5 alpha is created.
- Once DHT penetrates the scalp follicles, they shrink and die (hair loss).
A product that blocks enzyme production in the oil glands, and DHT should result in blocking the hormone that causes balding.
Finasteride is a drug that was used to treat prostate cancer but the FDA has tested this drug and found that it reduces the production of the enzyme 5 alpha thereby reducing DHT levels. Hair loss is prevented when using this drug. Only males can use this drug.
- Miracle Hair Care Products for Baldness
- FDA Approved Propecia for DHT Hair Loss